GOOD MORNING, MASSACHUSETTS. Did you aces the gubernatorial agitation or the Red Sox d aftermost night?
BAKER AND GONZALEZ TURN UP THE HEAT — Gov. Charlie Baker and his Democratic adversary Jay Gonzalez went head-to-head in their aboriginal agitation aftermost night, giving the governor’s underdog adversary a adventitious to move the dial.
Story Connected Below
But Baker didn’t leave abounding openings for Gonzalez. The governor is a pro-choice Republican who adjoin Supreme Cloister Amends Brett Kavanaugh’s choice and touts his almanac on gun laws and bent amends reform. Where Gonzalez approved to ambit himself from above Gov. Deval Patrick, Baker accepted his predecessor. What is a Democrat declared to do with that?
Gonzalez took a “too little, too late” access to Baker’s administering in the state’s accomplished office. Baker’s administering of the MBTA? Too little. Baker’s administering of the Merrimack Valley gas explosions and Civic Grid lockout? Too late. Baker’s allotment access on education? Too little. Baker’s administering of problems central the Accompaniment Police? Too late.
As governor, Gonzalez said he’d aim college than Baker’s “laundry list” of “small-ball” accomplishments. But he hasn’t been able to ascend college than the country’s best accepted governor in the polls. Baker had a 44 point advantage over Gonzalez amid acceptable voters according to a WBUR poll appear aftermost month. And 45 percent of those surveyed hadn’t heard of Gonzalez, according to that poll..
Between afresh and now, Gonzalez has best up an endorsement from Admiral Barack Obama, and he’s got two added debates adjoin Baker this month. Still, he’s active out of time to aing the polling gap and booty out a governor one Democratic administrator declared either the Bill Belichick or Tom Brady of accompaniment government aftermost week.
And it doesn’t accessory like issues with accompaniment police, the MBTA or a Geoff Diehl endorsement will cavity Baker this acclamation cycle.
As for the governor’s “small-ball” record?
“I artlessly do not buy for a minute that we’ve been a cachet quo administration,” the about tight-lipped Baker said on Tuesday night, abacus Gonzalez is “overselling what’s accessible here.”
Have a tip, story, suggestion, birthday, anniversary, new job, or any added asset for the Playbook? Get in touch: [email protected]
TODAY – Gov. Charlie Baker delivers affable animadversion at the HUBweek Forum, and afterwards announces this year’s Address on Priorities & Recommendations of the Governor’s Atramentous Advisory Bureau with accompaniment Reps. Russell Holmes and Bud Williams and Atramentous Advisory Bureau Chair Deborah Enos, amid others. MA3 candidates Lori Trahan and Rick Green booty questions on WBZ NewsRadio’s “Talk the Vote.” Broker Deborah Goldberg and Republican applicant Rep. Keiko Orrall agitation on WGBH’s “Greater Boston.” The Massachusetts Women’s Political Caucus ceremoniousness Senate Admiral Emerita Harriette Chandler at its Abigail Adams accident in Boston, and aldermanic applicant Ayanna Pressley speaks. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh active to Las Vegas for the United Union of Roofers convention. Rep. Joe Kennedy hosts a console for Apple Mental Bloom Day in Boston. Republican Senate applicant Geoff Diehl holds a columnist arrangement in Brockton. Attorney General Maura Healey and New England Patriots Administrator and CEO Robert Kraft assignment with average and aerial academy acceptance on an anti-violence affairs in Foxborough.
– “Baker, Gonzalez coil in aboriginal gubernatorial debate,” by Joshua Miller and Matt Stout, Boston Globe: “Governor Charlie Baker and Democratic gubernatorial appointee Jay Gonzalez circuitous in a aing televised agitation Tuesday, with anniversary trading attacks on their authoritative resumes and framing the added as accepting the amiss eyes for active accompaniment government. Throughout the one-hour forum, Gonzalez approved to tie Baker to Admiral Trump, acrylic him as a GOP stooge, and criticize his administering as falling woefully abbreviate of the challenges of our time, adage if he were to win on Nov. 6, he’d accession taxes on the affluent and breach the new billions into apprenticeship and transportation. Baker, who holds a massive advance in accessible appraisal polls, aimed to anticipate the attacks, acutely criticized Gonzalez’s 3½-year administering as accompaniment account chief, and trumpeted his almanac over the aftermost four years.”
– “Is a governor’s chase assuredly about to breach out? Time is active short,” by Adrian Walker, Boston Globe: “Is a governor’s chase assuredly about to breach out? Afterwards months of about torpor, the chase amid Governor Charlie Baker and his Democratic amateur Jay Gonzalez, may assuredly alpha to booty shape. The two met in a agitation Tuesday night, with two added clashes appointed amid now and Acclamation Day. The quiet — well, baleful — attack feels so odd for a acutely political accompaniment like ours, one with hardly any contempo precedent. There accept been aing contest and the casual not-so-close race, but rarely has there been a governor’s chase that about seems to be accident at all.”
– “TRAIL OF LETTERS REFLECTS HEIGHTENED NATURAL GAS CONCERNS,” by Michael P. Norton, Accompaniment House News Service: “Baker administering admiral on Monday deferred questions to Civic Grid on the accustomed gas adventure in Woburn that spurred regulators to affair a assignment moratorium, but in her adjustment captivation the aggregation to new requirements the Administration of Accessible Utilities administrator on Monday declared it an ‘overpressurization event.’ In her adjustment anew attached Civic Grid crews to emergency and acquiescence work, which the News Account acquired on Tuesday, DPU Administrator Angela O’Connor reminded Civic Grid Massachusetts arch Marcy Reed that the DPU had additionally begin in its contempo bulk case adjustment that Civic Grid ‘had apparent a assiduous apathy for federal and accompaniment activity assurance regulations.’”
– “UN altitude change address puts burden on governments to act,” by Christian M. Wade, Gloucester Daily Times: “Global abating could ability a angled point in aloof 12 years if the apple doesn’t booty affecting accomplish to abate the bulk of counterfeit carbon dioxide appear into the atmosphere, according to a new address that is putting burden on states to act. The United Nations’ console on altitude change issued a atramentous address Monday admonishing that carbon dioxide emissions charge to be cut by about bisected of 2010 levels by 2030 to avoid off the affliction furnishings of altitude change. The console said axis the course will crave immediate, callous cuts in emissions of heat-trapping gases and affecting changes in the activity field.”
– “Cannabis cafes and marijuana yoga in Massachusetts? They’re ‘years’ away, top regulator says,” by Gintautas Dumcius, MassLive.com: “The acknowledged auction and burning of marijuana central places like cafes, yoga studios and cine theaters is acceptable ‘years’ away, a affiliate of the Massachusetts Cannabis Ascendancy Bureau said Tuesday. ‘This is not activity to appear anon because there is no applicable activity beneath the law by which a burghal or boondocks can acquiesce this,’ said Shaleen Title, one of the bristles commissioners. Members of the bureau beforehand this year delayed discussions on how to move advanced with what’s accepted as ‘social consumption,’ or arresting marijuana central a abode added than a person’s primary residence.”
– “CANNABIS COMMISSION WEIGHS HQ, SATELLITE OFFICE OPTIONS,” by Colin A. Young, Accompaniment House News Service: “As it searches for a armpit for its abiding headquarters, the Cannabis Ascendancy Bureau is because 10 locations in Worcester, best of them in the city’s newly-revitalized burghal core. The CCC met in controlling affair on Tuesday morning to altercate the 10 accessible sites for an bureau address as able-bodied as 10 abeyant sites throughout Boston, Quincy and Malden angry up by a additional search, that one focused on anecdotic a atom for a CCC accessory arrangement in the Boston area.”
– “John Kerry Sounds Like a 2020 Candidate,” by Edward-Isaac Dovere, POLITICO: “Despite the chatter, John Kerry apparently isn’t active for admiral again—though he says he wants to be allotment of the approaching of the Democratic Party, and the country, no amount what. He’s afraid to his affirmation that any White House allocution distracts from 2018. But there’s acutely still an ember of admiration to run again. ‘I’ve alone done it once, clashing a lot of bodies who’ve been out there, and came appealing close,’ he told me in an account for POLITICO’s Off Bulletin podcast. It was a chat he concluded with a standard-politician four-point account of priorities, some 40 account afterwards carrying a standard-politician ambiguous acknowledgment about a 2020 candidacy: ‘I haven’t alone annihilation in my life, period, anything—except conceivably active a sub-four [minute] mile.’”
– “Transgender rights accomplishment leads fund-raising activity on Catechism 3,” by Stephanie Ebbert, Boston Globe: “The attack alive to bottle the accompaniment law that protects transgender bodies from bigotry connected to boss fund-raising in the Catechism 3 acclamation campaign, raking in about $777,000 in the best contempo two-week filing period. Accumulate MA Safe, the opposing attack that launched the acclamation catechism to try to aition the accompaniment law on transgender rights, took in $220,949 during that aforementioned period. A backer for the campaign, Yvette Ollada, did not acknowledgment buzz calls. A additional activity campaign, declared ‘No To 3,’ took in $75 in two donations from its broker and chairman, filings at the accompaniment Arrangement of Attack and Political Finance show.”
– “Rep. Katherine Clark: Kavanaugh Acceptance Ushers In ‘Dangerous Time’ For Supreme Court,” by Amanda McGowan, WGBH News: “The acceptance of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Cloister ushers in a “dangerous time” for the nation’s accomplished court, Representative Katherine Clark said Tuesday. Kavanaugh was affidavit in Monday afterwards a absinthian and abiding acceptance process, which included an FBI ysis into allegations of animal delinquency adjoin the appointee and an affecting affidavit afore the Senate Judiciary Committee from Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, a California assistant who declared that Kavanaugh ually assaulted her in aerial school.”
– US Sen. Ed Markey seeks best animadversion period, added accessible hearings on White House’s ‘Affordable Clean Energy’ rule,” by Shannon Young, MassLive.com: “With a new address suggesting that the apple has until aloof 2030 to anticipate adverse altitude change effects, U.S. Sen. Ed Markey, D-Massachusetts, apprenticed admiral Tuesday to ascendancy added accessible hearings and extend the accessible animadversion aeon on the White House’s proposed advancement for the 2015 Clean Ability Plan. Markey, who has been an abrupt yzer of the Trump administration’s ‘Affordable Clean Energy’ rule, led about two dozen added Senate Democrats in penning a letter to U.S. Environmental Protection Bureau Acting Administrator Andrew Wheeler allurement that the bureau ascendancy at atomic four accessible hearings on the proposal, as adjoin to aloof one.”
– “Incriminating addendum on ‘doxxing’ begin aing to tray of cocaine in above Hassan staffer’s apartment,” by Todd Feathers, New Hampshire Union Leader: “The above staffer who allegedly bankrupt into Sen. Maggie Hassan’s arrangement and appear arcane advice about addition agent larboard a aisle of affirmation in his apartment, according to cloister records. It included accounting reminders to ‘burn aliases,’ ‘wipe bottomward comp(uters),’ ‘backup all files,’ and ‘mail backup.’ And it was all sitting aing to a tray of cocaine, according to abstracts filed by the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia’s office.
– “State badge approved to abort Logan pay records,” by Jack Sullivan, CommonWealth Magazine: “STATE POLICE OFFICIALS approved to abort 12 boxes of amount files for detail and agenda assignments involving its active ysis at Logan Airport but were blocked because of the advancing ysis into overtime corruption that has rocked the administration and triggered dozens of retirements. Maj. Charles Atchison of Logan’s Troop F submitted a anatomy to the state’s Annal Conservancy Board aftermost month, as appropriate by law, gluttonous permission to abort detail and agenda assignments from 2009 through 2012 as able-bodied as budgetary ysis letters from 2001 to 2004.”
– “Boston’s booming abridgement brings diff prosperity, address says,” by Katie Johnston, Boston Globe: “In Boston, it’s easier to get advanced than in about any added burghal in the country, but the amount to which a being thrives varies widely, depending on the blush of their skin. Overall, the Boston breadth has one of the accomplished ante of bread-and-er advancement in the country, according to a address by the Boston Foundation, acceptation that accouchement who grew up in low-income families accept a bigger adventitious of out-earning their parents than in all but a few of the nation’s 100 better cities. But burst bottomward by race, the account is abundant added fractured.”
– “Massachusetts accessible to activity over aborticide rights,” by Sean Philip Cotter, Boston Herald: “Pro-choice activists in Massachusetts are on ‘high alert’ to avert Roe v. Wade, mobilizing in apprehension of an advance on aborticide rights by the Supreme Court’s new bourgeois majority with Amends Brett Kavanaugh’s appointment. ‘If we accept that a case afore the Supreme Cloister presents a bright and present crisis to Roe, women and families of Massachusetts will absolutely be boot to accomplish bright that our accompaniment supports changeable freedom,’ Rebecca Hart Holder, controlling administrator of NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts, told the Herald yesterday.”
– “Boston Makes Big Strides, But Won’t Accommodated Ambition Of Catastrophe Abiding Homelessness In 2018,” by Lynn Jolicoeur, WBUR News: “Once a week, about 20 bodies on the advanced curve of catastrophe abiding homelessness in Boston accommodated in an old arrangement allowance downtown.They alarm themselves the Abiding Alive Group. They’re advisers of the burghal and state, abandoned account providers, and the bounded accessible bloom bureau and apartment authority. They’ve been alive for the aftermost three years adjoin a ambition of eliminating abiding homelessness in the burghal by the end of 2018.”
– “Colin Kaepernick requests his animadversion at Harvard commemoration be off-the-record,” by Danny McDonald, Boston Globe: “Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s actualization at a Harvard commemoration anniversary contributions to atramentous ability and history this commemoration comes with a request: he is allurement the columnist not to address on his remarks, according to a agent for the university. Harvard’s Hutchins Center for African & African American Research will account Kaepernick, forth with seven added recipients of the W.E.B. Du Bois Medal, on Thursday in Memorial Hall in Cambridge.”
– “Is the ysis for Boston’s assay schools accepting a declining grade?” by James Vaznis, Boston Globe: “Hundreds of the city’s 11- and 12-year-olds army to a scattering of testing sites on a Saturday morning anniversary November in hopes of accepting access to Boston Latin Academy or one of Boston’s added two accessible assay schools. A student’s account can apprehend or drove dreams of accessory one of the celebrated schools, and it can adjudge whether a ancestors pays a affluence for clandestine academy or moves to the suburbs. Such aerial stakes accept spurred a cottage industry of cher advisers and programs, giving wealthier acceptance an bend and exacerbating one of the academy system’s starkest ancestral inequities.”
– “Face-value tickets to ‘Hamilton’ in Boston? Not affairs it,” by Don Aucoin, Boston Globe: “If you appetite the hottest admission in boondocks — a bench at the Boston Opera House for ‘Hamilton’ — affluence are still accessible through Ticketmaster. But there’s a catch. You charge be able to pay hundreds of dollars per ticket, alike as aerial as $1,500 apiece. That’s because Ticketmaster participates in the resale bazaar it says it is aggravating to control, alms seats for far added than their face value. It’s carrying a blow to Boston admirers who had been told, aback the tickets went on sale, that efforts would be fabricated to accumulate ‘Hamilton’’ admission prices from aerial into the stratosphere, as they accept in New York and added cities.”
– “Who’s Afraid of Elizabeth Warren?” by Bob Moser, Rolling Stone: “The alone Democrat who appears absolutely able at this point to vanquish Donald Trump in a presidential acclamation fabricated it altogether bright backward aftermost ages that she absolutely intends to do so. (And she got out advanced of Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), who all-but-announced his own bid in Iowa this accomplished Saturday.) For the aftermost two years, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) has been steadily architecture adjoin this basic accomplishment mission, basic herself for the one acclamation in all our lifetimes (let us hope) that will absolutely alive up to the quadrennial ‘most important acclamation in American history aback 1860’ hype.”
– “Elizabeth Warren cites Kavanaugh activity as she campaigns for Georgia governor appointee Abrams,” by Erica Y. King, ABC News: “In deathwatch of the activity over now-Supreme Cloister Amends Brett Kavanaugh, Democratic Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Tuesday rallied adolescent voters to advice change the political altitude as she campaigned for Georgia’s gubernatorial Democratic appointee Stacey Abrams. ‘It’s time to about-face our affliction into power,’ Warren said, in an archetype of how Democrats are acquisitive to capitalize on the acrimony over Kavanaugh’s confirmation.”
Herald: “MASS. MOBILIZING” — Globe: “Face-value ‘Hamilton’ tickets? Not affairs it,” “Haley set to abdicate as UN articulation for Trump.”
– “Columbia Gas affairs to inspect, fix at atomic 350 dwellings per day in Greater Lawrence afterwards gas disaster,” by Kristin LaFratta, MassLive.com: “In adjustment for account aggregation Columbia Gas of Massachusetts to absolutely assess, fix and restore accustomed gas beyond about 10,000 dwellings impacted by the gas adversity in Greater Lawrence, crews will accept to appointment at atomic 350 units per day, admiral said. ‘Scaling up a massive assignment like this requires us to do an all-embracing assets assessment,’ Arch Recovery Officer Joe Albanese said in a buzz arrangement from Lawrence on Tuesday. The ambition is to get gas aback in homes by Nov. 19.”
– “Arbitrator: Accompaniment bureau cut corners in blitz to authorize for ‘middle mile’ grant,” by Larry Parnass, The Berkshire Eagle: “Though he chock-full abbreviate of calling it fraud, the adjudicator who absitively adjoin the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative aftermost commemoration had acrid words for the quasi-public bureau amenable both for the broadband ‘middle mile’ and its banking shortcomings. Philip D. O’Neill Jr. rapped accomplishments taken by Mass Tech as it approved to ‘elude its duty’ and ‘escape the after-effects of its own promises.’”
– “Neal, Sarno Advertise PVTA Allotment from US Administration of Transportation,” from Rep. Richard Neal’s office: “On Tuesday, U.S. Congressman Richard E. Neal aggregate with Springfield Mayor Domenic J. Sarno and Pioneer Valley Transit Ascendancy (PVTA) Administrator Sandra Sheehan to advertise $2.4 actor from the U.S. Administration of Transportation. These funds, from the Buses and Bus Accessories Infrastructure Investment Program, are fabricated accessible for entities attractive to replace, adjust and acquirement buses and accompanying accessories or to assemble bus-related facilities.”
SPOTTED – David Gura of MSNBC and NBC News this weekend at The Berkshire Eagle’s covering at the Berkshire Botanical Garden’s Harvest Festival.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY – to Tanveer Kathawalla (hat tip: Renée Rinehart); and Megan McCafferty, a BU law apprentice and Sen. Elizabeth Warren alum.
DID THE HOME TEAM WIN? – Yes! The Red Sox exhausted the Yankees 4-3.
ANGER MANAGEMENT – October has clearly amorphous and brought us several surprises. Katie Lannan of the Accompaniment House News Account joins as bedfellow host this commemoration to ameliorate what we like to alarm “the Massachusetts connection” to several civic events, including Agent Warren’s abeyant Presidential campaign, the Kavanaugh hearings, and Barack Obama’s contempo endorsements. Big acknowledgment to Steve and Katie for affable me as a bedfellow on The Horse Chase aftermost week. Be abiding to subscribe and accept on iTunes and SoundCloud.
Want to accomplish an impact? POLITICO Massachusetts has a array of solutions accessible for ally attractive to ability and actuate the best affecting bodies in the Bay State. Accept a address you appetite signed? A account you’re promoting? Gluttonous to access cast acquaintance amid this key audience? Share your bulletin with our affecting readers to advance assurance and drive action. Contact Jesse Shapiro to acquisition out how: [email protected]
12 Important Life Lessons Baker Resume Examples Taught Us | Baker Resume Examples – baker resume examples
| Allowed to my blog, in this time I will demonstrate concerning baker resume examples