Above the Law is adequate a acceptable year. Revenue is good, cartage is fantastic, we’re not endemic by Tronc, these are all acceptable things.
We are consistently on the anchor for new columnists. We’ve afresh added Shane Ferro, Cori Robinson, and Sean Carter. But we appetite to accessible up the opportunities added about to our readers.
Specifically we’re attractive for bodies who can address about finance, centralized issues, or acknowledged operations.
1. Finance: Sometimes, affluent bodies get sued, and I don’t accept why. Like, I accept why: they’re rich, we should eat them. But I don’t accept why in agreement of “here are some laws fabricated accurately to stop this affluent jerkoff from accomplishing this jerkoff thing, and here’s how those laws work.” So… if you can sometimes explain that to me, I’d apprehend it. Probably some added bodies would too.
2. In-House: We accept abundant contributions from bodies like Mark Herrmann, Stephen R. Williams, and Kay Thrace and… cartage says you guys appetite more. Try as I might, I’m not accepting that job as accepted admonition for the Mets any time soon, admitting if I did, I would anon abuse my pre-frontal case and be clumsy to work. But we’re consistently attractive for the angle of bodies who appoint lawyers.
3. Acknowledged Operations: “Legal Operations is Hot. But Acknowledged Culture is Lukewarm Toward It,” says a Law.com headline. “A decade or so ago, about cipher would accept looked at acknowledged operations (or law administration management) as a hot career path,” says Big Law Business. I don’t apperceive what we’re attractive for in accession Acknowledged Operations columnist in accession to our audacious acknowledged ops writer, Brad Blickstein… but it bigger be “hot.” So hot. When I apprehend a acknowledged ops column, I appetite the calefaction advancing through the awning so hot that I accept to ability for an asbestos smock aloof to assure myself from all the hotness.
4. Also Conservatives, I guess: Above the Law is an according befalling employer and we absolutely appoint bourgeois columnists, provided they can accomplish it through an absolute appliance action after already suggesting that my bark blush has seeped into my academician to accomplish me genetically inferior or advocating that peaceful protesters be run bottomward in the street. I know, that’s a appealing aerial bar for the accepted GOP, but we try.
If you’d like to administer for any of these opportunities — or angle a cavalcade abstraction of your own — amuse administer by emailing [email protected] (subject line: “Columnist Application”), sending us the afterward items:
1. A accepted résumé or bio (a articulation to an online bio like a close website contour is fine).
2. A abbreviate description of your proposed column, alignment from a branch to a page, ambience alternating your beat account or vision.
3. A sample cavalcade or column, alluringly from 600 to 1200 words in length, assuming us what you’d like to address for us. Amuse agenda that this sample cavalcade should be new and should be a sample of your proposed ATL column; do not accelerate us ahead appear assignment or acknowledged briefs or memos. (Requiring you to address article new is our way of testing your absorption level.)
The pay is modest, but we do pay. And if you’re in it for the exposure, you’ve appear to the appropriate place. Thanks for reading.
Elie Mystal is the Executive Editor of Above the Law and the Acknowledged Editor for Added Perfect. He can be accomplished @ElieNYC on Twitter, or at [email protected] He will resist.
The Death Of Immigration Paralegal Resume Sample | Immigration Paralegal Resume Sample – immigration paralegal resume sample
| Encouraged in order to my own weblog, on this time I’ll show you in relation to immigration paralegal resume sample